Wednesday, August 4, 2010

when one door closes, i guess

So the new computer has arrived and it's working out quite well. To test out how good it is, I installed two games that only ran in cheapie cheap mode on the previous PC and they now run at max resolution with all options on, without breaking a sweat.

But I'll be over all that nonsense by week's end and running Photoshop once more.

Anyway, I discovered script treatments today. Basically, if you've ever described a movie or TV show to anyone, you've done a treatment. Not only are they very helpful for generating interest in your project, they provide a guide for you to flesh out a full story after your interested parties demand more.

So that's what I'm doing. So far, it's helped me progress beyond the few paragraphs of a story I'd been working on since the year began. I've also got a few short articles in the works that should be finished and posted soon enough. This feels really good, because my netbook is finally being put to it's original use.

No comments: